DynaOptis has developed its own uVo manufacturing software that fully supports FreeForm lens manufacturing on standard diamond-turning machines
Optical Design Software
surfaces to be tooled
Powered by DynaOptics
1. Allows tooling and injection molding team to check designs from design team: Easier collaboration
2. Allows processing from raw optical design, into a manufacturable lens product (with transition area + flange)
3. Full control over how NC code is calculated
5. Full control over com-pensation (2D and 3D)
4. Full control over how measurement “errors” are calculated in assessment of PV error
6. Full control over fitting algorithm
Surface Error Analysis in uVo
This module allows analysis of measurement data insert/lens and calculation of manufacturing error. uVo can read 3D (X Y Z) measured data from different measurement machines. Measurement data can be automatically aligned by uVo.
NC Code Generation in uVo
This module allows the generation of exact instructions for diamond-turning machines. It takes into account shrinkage, tool size and form, target error, and other manufacturing parameters.
Manufacturing Error Compensation in uVo
“Compensate Insert” module allows the creation of an equation of the compensated for manufacturing error insert. This feature allows being able to control of the precision of the compensated insert manufacturing.
Fitting Data Into Equation
uVo allows fitting almost any data into an equation. For example measurement, data can be fit into an equation and this equation is to be loaded into the optical design software in order to see the manufacturing error impact on the optical design specs.